Why do we watch movies? To be entertained.
The great part about movies is that the uplifting lessons come from all genres of movie. For example, ShawShank Redemption gave me just as many lesson and insight to life as did The Lion King. Here are 5 of the most revolutionarily uplifting lines in American cinema:
- "Do, or do not. There is no try" (Yoda, from Star Wars).
Our fabled master jedi reminded us that the world can sometimes, be black and white.
- "It's what you do right now that makes a difference" (Black Hawk Down).
- "I don't regret the things I've done, but those I did not do" (Empire Records).
If you can recognize what you should have done, and not what you did, you're probably depressed.
- "Every man dies, but not every man really lives" (Mel Gibson in Braveheart).
This one hits home for those of us sitting here with a bag of cheetos reading a monitor...
- "My momma always said - Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." (Forrest Gump).
Momma may not have been Einstein, but she knew about theory when it came to life lessons.
Heres a couple other uplifting movies, that have earned their ranks among "uplifting cinema":
- The Way Way Back (2013)
- Butter (2011)
- Rory O' Shea Was Here/Inside I'm Dancing (2004)
- Penelope (2006)
- Simon Birch (1998)
| © Copyright 2013-2017 by Upliftingquotes.com